Update On Works
Much work has taken place at the pub including the below.
• Roof between pub & function room has been repaired.
• Patio area has been cleaned.
• Ceilings have been re-boarded and plastered where needed with cables put through ready for lighting.
• Tap room ceiling beams treated and re-boarded.
• Electricity is on and electrics seem ok but will be tested and report completed to highlight anything that may need doing.
• The dehumidifiers have done a great job of drying the pub out.
• Skirting boards replaced in bar area.
• Shop planning is in progress – this will provide local produce (fruit, veg, preserves, eggs, bread, etc) and bare essentials for the village.
• Boiler has been inspected and will need some replacement parts as expected.
• Some repairs too woodwork will be needed before painting can start.
• Walls have been repaired where needed ready for when painting can commence.
• 2nd interviews for Pub Manager have taken place and a decision will be made shortly.
The grant of £3k towards the coffee shop has been accepted by Pub is the Hub and we’re currently looking into whether we can receive similar towards the shop.
We were successful in our bid for the £20k grant through Breckland Council which will go a long way towards refurbishing the pub, kitchen, restaurant and upstairs accommodation.
Thank you to all those who took part in 'Host a Roast', with over £500 raised for the refurbishment fund.
Our Easter BBQ takes place on Saturday 20th April, thank you to everyone who has offered their help. We look forward to welcoming everybody down.
Volunteers / Staff Update
New committee member - David Maidstone has been appointed as Treasurer/Financial
Controller. He is a retired accountant and comes with a wealth of experience that we welcome to the committee.
Sam Boston will now be Information Officer.
Thanks go out to all volunteers that have provided their time and skills, including Martyn Talbot from Mr T’s Plastering & Renovations for works carried out to the bar area, Beeston Brewery for works to the tap room & EPH Services for works to the boiler.